- The High Energy Physics community in India has been organising SERC Schools in Theoretical High Energy Physics (THEP). Preparatory School in 2016 conducted at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Gandhinagar during September 5 — October 1, 2016. As usual, the courses taught are Group Theory, Quantum Field Theory, Particle Physics & the Standard Model, General Theory of Relativity and Statistical Methods in HEP. The details can be found here:
- Lecture Series on The Black hole Information Paradox is a series of lectures given by Prof. Samir D. Mathur as a part of GIAN (Global Initiative of Academic Networks)course. The course includes explanation of formulation of black hole information loss paradox, and present a solution using string theory, and also discusses several other proposals for resolving the paradox. The talk was organized by Prof. Sudipta Sarkar at the Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar from 27th June to 8th July, 2016.
The details can be found here:
- Field Theoretic Aspects of Gravity (FTAG) is a series of conferences of general relativists and gravity researchers in India. The ninth FTAG meeting was organized by Prof. Anand Sengupta and Prof. Sudipta Sarkar at the Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar from 5th to 8th September, 2013. The details of this conference can be found here: http://www.iitgn.ac.in/ftag/
- Prof. Shiva Jolad helped organize a workshop on Research Methods in Population Studies in July 2013. More details can be found here:http://www.iitgn.ac.in/popsummer/
- Prof. Shiva Jolad organzied “Workshop on Matlab for Engineers and Scientists” on Dec 20-22, 2012.
- In August 2012, the physics discipline hosted the Indian Astronomical Heritage Workshop in collaboration with Alliance Francaise. Eminent relativist Prof. C.V. Vishveshwara from Nehru Planetarium Bangalore gave a special public lecture on this occasion.